- sub 17:30 5K
- sub 1:21 Half
- sub 2:58 Boston Marathon! (a PR)
- 2,600 total miles run
- another long trail run
- run in more cities around the US
I ended up running exactly 2,900 miles, far surpassing my 2007 total (which was actually 2,511. I messed up on my math last year). For a long trail run I ran the Nerstrand Big Woods half, and ran quite well for my abilities. I didn't run in many new cities in 2008, but I did log Albuquerque (and White Sands), Reno, and some new trails around Minnesota.
Here are the stats for this year (last year's stats in parantheses):
Miles Run: 2,900 (2,511)
Miles Biked: 1,697 (2,513 - I had 2 long bike trips last year)
Commutes to/from office by running or biking: 80 (80)
Different beers consumed: 279 (118 of them brewed locally, look to the list on the right)
PR's: 6 (3)
Goals for 2009:
- To NOT have a running mileage goal!
- To bike when I want to bike, run when I want to run, ski when I want to ski. REGARDLESS of how many miles I think I should be running.
- Improve as many of my PRs as possible.
- Commute by bike/run 100 times.
- Drink some wine, some good beers, and not write down every freaking beer I drink.
- Write a more interesting blog!