Thursday, April 2, 2009

TP Update from Germany

I was just going to send these photos to Ed and have him post them since TP-folding is his obsession, but that seemed like creating too much work for him. I'll just let him link to this if he so desires.

I just got back from Germany a couple days ago. Apparently folding TP is an art that is also appreciated by the Germans (or the American tourists that frequent their hotels).

I stayed at Hiltons in Berlin and Munich. As could be expected, the TP folding was nothing but classy:

Berlin TP - middle point-ish

Munich Hilton - great side point

The Berlin Hilton could work on their point, the fold wasn't quite right, but close enough. I appreciated the 45-degree angle fold at the Munich (Park) Hilton. Besides the TP, both places were phenomenal with great service.

Deeper into Bavaria, I stayed a couple nights at the Alpen Stuben under crazy Ludwig II's Schloss Neuschwanstein. Their TP folding was also nopnotch (nice point guys!), but what's up with the weird "Lady Bag" with a gun on it? I understand what the bag is for, but it was a little odd.




I'll leave you with a view from the hotel window:


If I ever have time, I'll post some more interesting photos from the hundreds that I took. No promises, however.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Love your castle photo! We traveled to Munich (among other European cities) in October 2008 and Neuschwanstein was one of my favorite things to see. The leaves were *gorgeous* when we were there!

Never really thought of staying in a Hilton in Germany (looks nice though!). We stayed at a place across from the Oktoberfest grounds (the week after it ended thankfully).